The folks over at JoBlo have gotten their hands on some updates for Marvel’s 2015 movies. Some of the information below may contain SPOILERS but I found most of it to be pretty tame.
Please read on for the latest news regarding ANT-MAN and AVENGERS 2: AGE OF ULTRON so you can have the most up to date information around the water cooler. People still have those, right?
– Story begins with Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) being a thief and single dad who has fallen on hard times and one day breaks into Hank Pym’s apartment and steals the Ant-Man suit.
– The main villain’s name is Darren Cross who, in the comics, runs Cross Technological Enterprises, a competitor company for Stark Industries and Oscorp. His cousin is the villain known as Crossfire. It’s unknown if this role will be played by Patrick Wilson or Corey Stoll. He will have a suit with a similar feel to Ant-man’s but more miltary style, yellow and black in color, and with a tendril-looking apparatus coming off it’s back (like with Agent Venom). It’s to note that in the comics Cross looks more like a pink Hulk, so there may well be some merging of attributes from other characters for this role or multiple villains at that (Yellowjacket, perhaps?).
– The ANT-MAN suit will be much more elaborate than we’ve seen so far with the helmet being able to open and close much like Iron Man and an assortment of red lights all over the suit, again in “TRON” fashion. The helmet eyes will also glow red when closed. It’s said to be a much more complex and futuristic suit than we’ve seen so far.
– Ants (the actual insect) are the main ally and superpower for ANT-MAN in the film. Lang will speak to the ants via his helmt, just as in the comics, which is said to be a special element to the overall story.[/alert]
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
– According to Kevin Feige, the new Avengers Tower is the largest ever for a Marvel film, featuring a large landing platform and garage for the new Quinjet within a large space that is full of windows, screens, and “techno stuff” but “really chic” with a lab directly in the middle where Stark and Banner work together.
– There will, in fact, be a “party” or “celebratory” scene that will take place early in the film, which we’ve heard rumors of already and is said to be “Stark style” in nature, meaning excessive and over-the-top (IRON MAN 2, anyone?)
– The Quinjet redesign features more chairs to accommodate all Avengers, much like the X-Men’s Blackbird. The overall design is less military and more sleek with a bigger array of weaponry.
– Black Widow’s costume update will feature not only the previously reported batons, but her suit is said to be more “TRON-style” in nature with blue lights and electricity around the suit. Her enemies will now receive electric shocks or a “widow’s sting” when she hits them, giving her more of a “superhero” edge amongst her super-powered counterparts.
– More corroboration about Hulk’s “extendable” pants (dark purple in color) that expand and shrink with his Hulk/Banner transitions and will also feature the Avengers “A” logo on it that adorns all new costumes for the team.
– Stark wears the Mark 43, a suit with less gold on it than IRON MAN 3, but still more than in THE AVENGERS. The chest core reactor will be back to the circular shape favored by director Joss Whedon. The Mark 44 is the Hulkbuster and will be his other suit in the film.
– As reported before, Ultron will be more than just a helmet, with his full face being articulated, including the mouth. All movements from James Spader’s face are used to bring more personality to the villain. The suit mock-up is reminiscent of the weapon that Agent Coulson used to shoot Loki in THE AVENGERS, which was made from the parts of the defeated Destroyer in THOR. The suit is said to have a “red firelight underneath, giving him a kind of ‘Balrog’ effect from LOTR.”
– Ultron will have an army of drones that are similar in appearance to himself, minus the glowing red “energy” effect.
– Similar to other reports, The Vision will be 100 percent Paul Bettany with his face and body all in metallic form, very shiny with gold, red, and green (as well as the yellow cape).[/alert]
There you have it folks! Now you’ll know whats up when people start asking about Scott Lang, The Vision, and if Tony Stark will ever get back into his suits.