ComicUI and Pickled Comics come together for another topical team-up covering the craze known as STAR WARS! Over the past few months, we’ve been watching, studying, and researching the Star Wars films from start to finish, including the prequel trilogy.
We admit it wasn’t easy to go back and watch Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith, but from all the ashes of Mustafar, these random, fun, hilarious, and sometimes questionable facts arose.
Thanks to the amazing talent of Mike Royer at Pickled Comics, he brings us the definitive movie poster comprised of these trivia tidbits. Look on below at this mind-blowing poster, read the entire list of fun facts below curated by ComicUI, and get hyped for Star Wars: The Force Awakens later this week!
Star Wars: Episode 2 – Attack of the Clones
Released: May 16, 2002
Directed by George Lucas
Written by George Lucas & Jonathan Hales
Runtime: 142 minutes
Budget: $115 million
Gross: $310 million (USA)
- Qui-Gon Jin’s voice is heard during the slaughter of the tusken raiders, the first force ghost
- Sam Jackson’s lightsaber has “Bad Motherfucker” engraved on the hilt
- The Senate’s votes to give Palpatine emergency power is the same method Hitler used
- Hayden Christensen was cast primarily because he looked good next to Natalie Portman
- First movie for CG Yoda to appear
- The only Star Wars movie not to be the top earner of the year (Spider-Man beat it)
- Not a single full clone trooper armor was built, most of it was CGI
- The only Star Wars film to tilt up after the beginning text crawl
- Was shot on the same stages as Moulin Rouge, another McGregor film
- They did not build any new C3PO suits, it’s an original trilogy one made to look older
- The only Star Wars film to be released the same year as a Star Trek film.
- One of the first films to be shot entirely on digital camera
Image Source: Pickled Comics