ComicUI Presents: 13+ Secrets of the Galaxy
Before you scroll on, this article contains screenshots and images of every SPOILER, SECRET, EASTER EGG, and more that we could find in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. If you have NOT seen the movie, do not scroll on or you will find out confidential information.
Again, you’ve been warned a MILLION times.
This is a list of all known secrets, easter eggs, hints, and nods to other Marvel properties as seen in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. If you know of any more, you should let us know! The images are taken from a camera version of the film that is only used as proof, I recommend everyone see this movie in theaters. Now.
1. Yondu is from the original comic version of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
3. Star-Lord’s ship is called the Milano, presumably after his childhood crush, Alyssa Milano.
4. A pink skinned girl on the Milano introduces herself as Bereet, someone who has met the Hulk in the comics before.
6. Nathan Fillion is in the movie as the voice of the large man in the prison scene. He is lifted off the ground by his nostrils, courtesy of Groot.
7. Knowhere is the base of operations of the comic book GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, and is the severed head of a celestial like the movie. The difference is that in the comics it is not run by Taneleer Tivan, nor is it a mining colony.
9. Tivan shows a celestial with the purple infinity stone destroying planets, which we feel is Eson the searcher.
Eson for reference:
12. Pop Culture references include Kevin Bacon, John Stamos, and Ranger Rick, from the national wildlife foundation.
13. By the end, Star-Lord’s genetics come into question. In the comics, Peter Quill’s real father is King of the Spartoi empire, leading to a potential setup in the future movies.
No other Marvel movie was referenced outside of the Collector’s vault, but we’ll see the Guardians come back to kick more ass in July 2017.