Are you ready for LOGAN this weekend? With Hugh Jackman being in almost every last one of the X-Men movies, its time we give you the most crazy, comprehensive, complete way to watch them! We know that continuity is not in that list, mostly because Fox doesn’t care about it either as long as they get money, so strap-in (or strap-on, if you’re Deadpool) and lets go for it!
Most people would say “Start at the beginning!” Well, to hell with them! They’ve never tried to figure out where that is in these films. Our suggestions are purely ours and you can watch whatever you want. Keep reading for the most complete list yet!
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- It says ORIGINS in it, right?
- Its technically the first of a new Trilogy, but it is essentially erased because of Days of Future Past
- The first X-Men movie released
X2: X-Men United
- My personal favorite X-Men movie
X-Men: The Last Stand
- The last of the first trilogy (its not that good)
- A great Wolverine film, the start of where continuity goes out the window
Days of Future Past
- Creates 2 timelines, the old (everything above), and a new one in 1983
- Direct sequel to Days of Future Past’s new timeline (same premise as The Last Stand)
- Who knows where this fits in, but is the closest to modern era as we get!
- This is set in a far future, so does it matter about which timeline it exists in?
This is how I would tell someone to watch them, simply because it sets rules and then ultimately resets them in Days of Future Past, so…buyer beware?
However, if you want something more scientific, here are two alternate orders to watch the X-Men Mocies!
Release Order: X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of the Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Logan.
Chronological Order: X-Men: First Class (1962), X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981), X-Men: Apocalypse (Alternate 1983), X-Men (2000), X2 (2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), The Wolverine (2013), Deadpool (2016), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence), Logan (2029).
A few years ago, we also did an X-Men Cinematic Timeline feature, which you can still find HERE! Enjoy Logan everyone!