Initial GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Review (May Contain Spoilers)
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is the second Marvel Studios movie to hit theaters this year and we honestly can’t wait. August 1 will herald the arrival of Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax, and Gamora, as well as bolster the galactic presence of Marvel’s films. Two months can’t pass by fast enough!
Just to make us jealous, some early reviewers have seen a pre-release version of Guardians already. The graphics aren’t complete and the film can still be tweaked in these summer months, but that doesn’t mean they won’t give us a good indication of how the film is tracking.
Before you proceed any further, please understand the following thoughts are from Latino Review and are not the feelings we here at ComicUI share (yet). If you don’t wait the movie to be spoiled for you, don’t proceed, however, there aren’t revealing details. Enjoy!
MAJOR SPOILERS if you click on the source link below. YOU have been WARNED!
A great movie, as it turns out. Granted, the effects aren’t done and a lot can change between now and August, but if they keep on the track they’re going, it will be solid. I don’t want to spoil the fun, so here are few things that surprised me:
- Unlike any other Marvel movie. A lot more comedic than expected.
- Ronan, Nebula and Yondu look amazing.
- The prison escape sequence is brilliant.
- As expected, lots of neat easter eggs in The Collector’s collection, including a cosmic puppy.
- Rocket steals the show. Bradley Cooper’s voice is perfect.
- But that doesn’t mean the others don’t shine – they do, especially Drax. I was impressed with how well you knew most of the characters by the end.
- The soundtrack plays a huge part, both in the setting tone and being part of the story.
- You find out where Peter Quill and the team get their names.
Bottom line: it’s not perfect. There are parts that drag, some action sequences that aren’t as strong as one might hope, and some puzzling/unexplained motivations. The good news is that there’s time to fix these things and, even if they don’t solve everything, it’ll still be a lot of fun. No matter what, I will absolutely be in line to go see it opening day.
The wild-eyed enthusiasm and excitement from people I’ve talked to lately who’ve seen & loved #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is freakin great.
— Ryan Penagos (@AgentM) June 4, 2014
Source: Latino Review